Initial Teacher Education
Our teaching school hub has a mission to ensure every child in our area has an excellent teacher; so training teachers of the future is a core part of what we enable.
As well as working with Universities in the area to promote routes into teaching, we also work with established local partners who offer School-Centered Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) routes and School Direct routes.
Training with these partners offer these benefits:
- A great balance for learners who want a hands-on vocational course plus a respected academic qualification,
- More time spent learning in partner schools becoming part of a local family of educators,
- Training led by current leaders and teachers with all the currency and reality of school-life that this brings,
- Trainees attend school for the academic year rather than short block placements,
- Bespoke support from professional mentors,
- We get to know you well and understand your drivers and challenges leading to high trainee satisfaction and completion rates,
- Exceptionally high employment rate often in local placement schools,
- Generous bursaries up to £24,000 for specific secondary subjects,
- Large range of placement schools across Wolverhampton, Walsall, South Staffs and other parts of the Black Country.
- Ongoing and consistent support during your Early Career if you stay in local schools.
Our teacher training partners have all recently achieved their DFE reaccreditation and we are proud to offer three routes to you for your training.
Click on the boxes above for more information on vacancies and how to apply.