Teaching School Hubs' primary role is to address the teacher development needs of their local area first and foremost through the delivery of the national frameworks (Early Career Framework, National Professional Qualifications and Initial Teacher Education).
Additionally we address other professional development needs where possible through existing DfE-approved provision or programmes, such as those provided by our partner Curriculum Hubs or provision such as CPD for mental health leads via the DfE’s senior mental health lead training.
The Teaching School Hub then looks to identify other CPD needs in the area in order to build a “Wider Offer”. Any CPD that is delivered under the TSH umbrella, using government funding, must adhere to the following principles:
- CPD must not duplicate, contradict or compete with ECF, NPQs and ITT delivery;
- CPD must not compromise or distract from delivery of ECF, NPQs and ITT;
- CPD must be based on robust evidence and meet the DfE CPD standard;
- CPD must meet a specific need identified in the TSH region;
- Subject-specific CPD must be approved by or aligned with relevant Curriculum Hub(s)
For 2022/2023 our focus is on the golden thread, along with:
NASENCo Award – essential training for all SENCos in schools – CLICK HERE
Through our collaborative networks we hope to develop a needs-led approach to the local CPD requirements of our teachers and staff in future years. Please email email@example.com with any CPD needs for your school that you would like to discuss.