Manor Primary School
Train to Teach at Manor
- Train to become a teacher in a vibrant, stimulating school where pupils flourish personally, socially and academically and consistently achieve the very highest of standards nationally.
- Learn and work alongside leaders who nurture, support, and coach and empower all staff to be exceptional practitioners.
- Train in a school where outstanding teaching is a result of highly skilled and reflective teachers and teaching assistants who are dedicated and committed to ensuring pupils receive the highest quality and standards of educational experience.
As a Teaching School we have a proven track record of training the next generation of teachers, with 100% of students completing their PGCE with us gaining employment at the end of their programme.
In Partnership with Birmingham University, we have places available to train as a teacher from September 2022
Course requirements: Degree (2:2); GCSEs in English, Maths and Science (or equivalent)
To apply visit, register and apply using the DfE Application portal.
Further details regarding School Direct please visit: birmingham.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses
Why choose Manor?
Manor Teaching School has an exceptional reputation of training the next generation of outstanding teachers. We are absolutely committed to delivering on this National priority.
Train with us and you will receive:
- A successful track record of student achieving QTS
- An employment record well above the National success rate
- A partnership with The University of Birmingham – an outstanding provider of ITT
- Opportunities for a variety of placements in incredible schools
- Support and Mentoring from talented individuals who care passionately about providing an exceptional education for all children.
Our School Direct teacher training programme is an excellent opportunity for graduates and career changers to join the teaching profession.
Our programme is primary with a 3 - 11 and a SEND pathway.
As well as Qualified Teacher Status, you will also gain a PGCE equivalent to a third of a master's degree with The University of Birmingham upon completion of the programme.
Our aim is to enable students to meet the requirements of QTS and become inspirational, talented and dedicated teachers who are passionate about influencing the future of the children they teach.
Hands on from the word go
On our School Direct teacher training programme, you’ll be given in-depth experience in the classroom. You will complete a main placement in a Key Stage of your choice and a second placement in a contrasting school and Key Stage. You will also have the opportunity to complete enhanced placements e.g. SEN, Early Years.
In addition, away from the classroom, you will receive practical training sessions from SLEs, experienced teachers and the team at Manor Teaching School. The University of Birmingham will also lead sessions to support your academic development.
We are looking to recruit ambitious graduates who can demonstrate potential and show strong commitment. Our School Direct Programme is for individuals who are willing to work hard and are passionate about training to teach.
We are looking to recruit graduates to begin training in primary schools across Wolverhampton and the Black Country.
For more information, to arrange a chat, visit or arrange some school experience before applying, please contact Louise Wedge (Programme Lead for Manor Teaching School Hub) firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01902 556460