NPQ for Leading Teacher Development
We've designed this new, fully-funded NPQ to help you develop the knowledge and expertise to lead teacher development at your school.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
- make sure professional development in your school is focused on a shared responsibility for improving outcomes for all pupils
- diagnose what teachers know and can do, starting professional development from that point and adapting the approach based on their developing expertise
- help teachers improve through evidence-based professional development focused on improving classroom teaching
- gain an understanding of what teachers have learned by reviewing patterns of performance over a number of assessments
- develop and lead a team of colleagues who can facilitate a range of professional development approaches
- contribute to a programme of professional development for mentors, trainees and early career teachers.
This NPQ is for school leaders who are involved in the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for developing all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career. This might include Teaching and Learning leads, Lead Mentors or Coaches, Induction Tutors and CPD Leads.
What you'll learn
The key elements of the programme are:
- Designing Effective Professional Development
- Delivering Effective Professional Development
The material is delivered through a blended programme which includes six online learning courses via Steplab, One full day conference, Five two-hour clinics (facilitated sessions), Six one-hour community sessions and a two-hour assessment clinic.
This programme is 12 months long and will commence in either October or February.
Click here for the programme brochure.
The application process is not yet open but you can register your interest at this link and then we will contact you as soon as the application process is open to ensure that you make the deadline.