NEW National Professional Qualification (NPQ) for Leading Teaching Development
We’re pleased to announce that we are partnering with education charity Ambition Institute to deliver the new NPQ for Leading Teacher Development. In 12 months, participants will gain the knowledge to become teacher educators and successfully support fellow teachers to expand their skills.
Those doing the training will learn:
• How to become expert teacher educators
• To become champions of quality teaching
• At a time and pace that suits their needs.
Benefits to your school:
• One of a series of new, specialist NPQs
• Create confident teacher leaders
• Attract and retain staff.
Why this programme?
Ambition Institute has designed this ground-breaking new NPQ to help you develop the knowledge and expertise to lead teacher development at your school.
The programme uses the latest evidence-based learning and shows you how to put your findings into practice in your school setting. You will train alongside other teachers with similar responsibilities.
The new and reformed NPQs have been developed as a complete series, sharing a common language. This means you can have confidence that all the educators in your school are building and developing their knowledge from the same evidence-based framework.
Ambition Institute knows that schools’ and trusts’ needs vary. So its programmes are designed with flexibility in mind and can be completed at a time that suits you best and fits in with your existing role. Through Steplab, the innovative personal development platform built for teachers, by teachers, you will have access to your modules and practice activities to help you get better faster.
Benefits for you?
Click below to see the benefits.
Benefits for your school or trust?
Click below to see the benefits.
What you'll learn
This programme develops your knowledge and skills in the 10 areas listed in the Department for Education’s NPQ Headship Framework.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
• Make sure professional development in your school is focused on a shared responsibility for improving outcomes for all pupils
• Diagnose what teachers know and can do, starting professional development from that point and adapting the approach based on their developing expertise
• Help teachers improve through evidence-based professional development focused on improving classroom teaching
• Gain an understanding of what teachers have learned by reviewing patterns of performance over a number of assessments
• Develop and lead a team of colleagues who can facilitate a range of professional development approaches
• Contribute to a programme of professional development for mentors, trainees and early career teachers.
How you’ll learn
The content is delivered through blended learning. This includes a mix of real-time, interactive online sessions and self-guided modules you complete in your own time. You will be encouraged to put what you learn into practice and track your progress as you go.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
£900 but details awaited from the DfE regarding fully funded programmes and eligibility for scholarships
To apply, you must be a teacher who has, or is aspiring to have, responsibility for leading other educators to develop. You might support all teachers in your school, trainees or those early in their career.
The assessment window starts at the end of the 12-month programme and runs for three months. During this time, participants will be given an eight-day window to sit an ‘open book’ style assessment in which they respond to a short case study.
There are two assessment windows every year, and participants can sit the assessment two times, if they need to.
You need to complete the course to qualify for the NPQ accreditation.
Ambition Institute will offer a webinar and live clinic in advance of the assessment window to support participants.