NPQ for Leading Teaching
We've designed this new, fully-funded NPQ to help you develop the knowledge and understanding of what excellent classroom teaching looks like.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
- explain important ideas about the science of learning
- understand what good teaching practice is and how to implement it
- support colleagues to design a broad and coherent curriculum
- plan effective lessons and stimulate your pupils’ thinking
- help colleagues adapt their teaching to different needs
- contribute to the design of school assessment systems
- align your professional development with wider school improvement priorities.
Who is this programme for?
This NPQ is for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
What you'll learn
The key elements of the programme are:
- School Culture
- How Pupils Learn
- Subject and Curriculum
- Classroom Practice
- Adaptive Teaching
- Professional Development
The material is delivered through a blended programme which includes six online learning courses via Steplab, One full day conference, Five two-hour clinics (facilitated sessions), Six one-hour community sessions and a two-hour assessment clinic.
This programme is 12 months long and will commence in either October or February.
Click here for the programme brochure.
The application process is not yet open but you can register your interest at this link and then we will contact you as soon as the application process is open to ensure that you make the deadline.