NPQ for Headship
We've designed this new, fully-funded NPQ to help you put evidence-based school leadership methods into practice and drive change in your school setting. It will also focus on specific headship challenges in your school or trust.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
- set clear goals and communicate shared values that improve classroom and school culture
- transform pupils’ knowledge, capabilities and beliefs about learning
- create a fair and structured approach to learning and testing
- establish a safe and positive environment for pupils
- support colleagues to meet individual needs and make sure all pupils have access to a rich curriculum
- lead school-wide professional development for staff
- establish good financial, human and educational resource management
- make and act on evidence-informed decisions
- work well with parents, carers, other schools and the wider community
- lead by example, be accountable for decisions and make sure staff know their professional responsibilities.
Who is this programme for?
The NPQH is for school leaders who are or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
What you'll learn
The key elements of the programme are:
- School Culture
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Additional and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Professional Development
- Organisational Management
- Working in Partnership
- Governance and Accountability
The material is delivered through a blended programme which includes nine online learning courses via Steplab, Two live conferences (each lasting six hours), Seven two-hour online clinics (facilitated sessions), Nine one-hour community sessions and a two-hour assessment clinic.
You can now apply to join this NPQ in your local area. Click on the register your interest button below, select the right qualification for you and then we will ensure Ambition Institute send you full application details including how to register for funding with the DFE.