Early Headship Coaching Offer
This 12 month programme of support is delivered through a combination of one-to-one coaching sessions, school visits, online reading and reflection and peer-group discussions with other headteachers. You will identify your own work-related challenges and work through solutions to these through coaching and peer conversations.
Who is this programme for?
This support is available to new Headteachers in their first five years of headship who have undertaken or are currently involved in the NPQ for Headship.
Structure of the EHCO with Manor Teaching School Hub
Participants have identified that they highly value getting together in person with other leaders at the same stage of development. They also get benefit out of having the learning experiences crafted to meet their persistent issues. For this reason the programme incorporates:
- A face to face two hour leadership learning briefing to get to know the colleagues on the journey together
- Termly 1 to 1 coaching session with an experienced coach and senior school leader
- A number of opportunities to visit schools who can show good practice in an area of challenge participants identify
- Termly peer reflection sessions where visits and learning are debriefed and leadership activities add deeper thinking
There is no assessment element to the EHCO.
What you'll learn
This programme is tailored to the needs of the individual. The content covered will depend on your school’s specific challenges and any persistent problems of school leadership.
Topics might include:
- School culture: Establishing a professional and supportive school culture and encouraging staff to contribute.
- Learning and development: Ensuring effective approaches to professional learning and development.
- Curriculum: Organising and teaching the curriculum.
- Behaviour: Attending to pupil behaviour and wider circumstances.
- School improvement: Analysing and diagnosing problems, planning and implementing strategies for continuous educational improvement.
- Administration: Managing an efficient and effective organisation.
- Self: Developing personal expertise, self-efficacy and self-regulation.
The next cohort of the Early Headship Coaching Offer starts in January 2024. Click on the register your interest button below and we will let you know when the recruitment opens for this group.