NEW National Professional Qualification (NPQ) for Senior Leadership
We’re pleased to announce that we are partnering with education charity Ambition Institute to deliver the new NPQ for Senior Leadership. This 18-month programme helps participants to develop their leadership knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes for teachers and pupils in their schools.
Those doing the training will learn:
• How to enact positive change across their school
• Evidence-based knowledge taught by leadership experts
• At a time and pace that suits their existing timetable.
Benefits to your school:
• Learning backed by the latest evidence
• Create a leadership pipeline
• Attract and retain teaching staff.
Why this programme?
Ambition Institute’s new National Professional Qualification (NPQ) for Senior Leadership gives you the chance to learn evidence-based school leadership and put it into practice. It also gives you the opportunity to focus on specific leadership challenges in your school or trust.
This is one of six new and reformed NPQs that have been developed as a series. Each share the same common language and framework to help drive improvement across schools.
Ambition Institute knows that schools’ and trusts’ needs vary. So its programmes are designed with flexibility in mind and can be completed at a time that suits you best and fits in with your existing role. Through Steplab, the innovative personal development platform built for teachers, by teachers, you will have access to your modules and practice activities to help you get better faster.
Benefits for you?
Click below to see the benefits.
Benefits for your school or trust?
Click below to see the benefits.
What you'll learn
This programme develops your knowledge and skills in the 10 areas listed in the Department for Education’s NPQ Headship Framework.
You will learn how to:
• Set clear goals and communicate shared values that improve the culture in your classrooms and school
• Establish a safe and positive environment for pupils
• Support colleagues to meet individual needs and make sure all pupils have access to a rich curriculum
• Lead school-wide professional development for staff
• Make and act on evidence-informed decisions
• Work well with parents, carers, other schools and the wider community
• Lead by example, be accountable for decisions and make sure colleagues know their responsibilities.
How you’ll learn
The content is delivered through blended learning. This includes a mix of Covid-safe face-to-face conferences, real-time, interactive online sessions and self-guided modules you can complete in your own time. You will put what you learn into practice in your school and can track your progress and get feedback as you go.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
£1140 but details awaited from the DfE regarding fully funded programmes and eligibility for scholarships.
To apply, you must be, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities. For example, you might be an assistant or deputy headteacher, or a head of department or faculty.
The assessment window starts at the end of the 18-month programme and runs for three months. During this time, participants will be given an eight-day window to sit an ‘open book’ style assessment in which they respond to a short case study.
There are two assessment windows every year, and participants can sit the assessment two times, if they need to.
You need to complete the course to qualify for the NPQ accreditation.
Ambition Institute will offer a webinar and live clinic in advance of the assessment window to support participants.